Preventive Measures for Valve Leakage
To understand how to deal with valve leakage, first know why this happens. To keep the valve airtight, it must have a good seal. If there is something wrong with the seal, valve leakage will occur.
A ValveAs a control component in the fluid delivery system, the valve has the functions of cut-off, regulation, diversion, backflow prevention, pressure stabilization, pressure relief, etc. It is an indispensable control element for many industrial and mining enterprises. Once the valve fails, especially the leakage occurs, it will not only affect the stable operation of industrial and mining equipment, but even do harm to the environment and cause immeasurable economic and social losses to the society. Learn to identify and prevent the common leakage fault of valves. Generally speaking, the common leakage fault of valves includes two types, namely stuffing box leakage and closure member leakage.
1. All valves must be subjected to hydraulic tests of different grades after entering the factory.
2. All valves must be equipped with gaskets of corresponding grades before installation.
3. In the process of repairing, it is necessary to carefully check whether there is any packing added and whether the packing gland is tightened.
4. Before installation, check whether there are dust, sand, iron oxide and other debris inside the valve. If there is any debris, it must be cleaned before installation of valves.
5. Grind the valve if it is necessary to disassemble and repair it.
6. In the process of valve installation, all valves must be installed correctly according to the system and pressure, and it is strictly prohibited to install them randomly. Therefore, all valves must be numbered and recorded in accordance with the system before installation.
7. Fasteners must be tightened when flange doors are installed. When you are tightening flange bolts, they must be tightened symmetrically in turn.
Take effective measures to prevent these common faults, but it is more important to choose high-quality and high-standard products, so as to save more time and energies for industrial and mining enterprises.